Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Great expectations

They say that when you expect too much, you hurt just as much when you don't get that what you were hoping for. And thus, one mustn't expect too much.

Well I don't expect much. I don't have grand expectations. I have dreams, but I'd like to think I'm a realist. Still, I have had more than my fair share of disappointments. And I'm just beginning to realize why.

My problem is that I get excited easily. Even over the smallest things. I like looking forward to things. Even those of the least bit of importance. And so too do I get disappointed easily. Even if it's just a small thing.

I used to think that the phrase "great expectations" meant grand dreams and ambitions. Now I'm seeing that any expectation can be great, it only depends on how much you care.

Maybe I should stop caring so much.

No comments: