Friday, August 24, 2007

Gin Pom and Jazz

My friend Karen is visiting from Singapore. On Wednesday we decided to go to Cena for our favorite gin pomelo freeze. Yum yum!

A pleasant surprise for us: it turned out to be Ladies' Jazz Night, and Sofia (or is it Sophia?) was performing. Err, she's not that great but the music was. Luke Mijares and a middle-aged lady named Nikki jammed with the band -- and were actually better performers, hahaha. I've never been a Luke Mijares fan, but well, he sure knows how to work it. As for the lady, she was just so cool!

I now know my goal in life: to be a jazz singer!!!

****

Yesterday I saw the weirdest thing on the train. The girl in front of me had eyebrows growing forward -- that's the best way I can describe them. If you looked at her from the side, her eyebrows seemed to be like eaves hanging over her eyes. So weird! :P

No comments: