Friday, May 2, 2008

Harana

On the way to office this morning, I snapped out of my reverie when the radio started playing Buhat.

Imagine that. Buhat! My goodness, I had not heard that song in so long. Not since my Harana days, hahaha. And I didn’t really think that it would ever be played on the airwaves, not on the FM stations anyway.. :P

BUHAT

Bawat buhay ay may kasaysayan

Tulad ng pinangyarihan
Nang tayo'y magtanaw
Takot lamang ay di mo pakinggan
Ngunit ang katotohanan
Kita'y minamahal

Buhat ng kita'y masilayan

Buhat ng mapanagimpan
Laging hinahanap at inaasam
Bilin ay damhin yaring pagmamahal

At magbuhat ng makita ka lamang
Bawat masdan ko'y kariktan
Dulot ay sadyang kaligayahan
Na nagbuhat sa iyo buhay n'yaring buhay


It’s such a lovely song. Sometimes I forget how many beautiful Tagalog love songs we have.

Dum-dee-dum.

No comments: