Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Janice and RJ: This is how it should be

Finally. Got my charger back and downloaded the photos from Janice and RJ's wedding. Yey! So now I can write about it, hehe :)

****

We had so much fun at Janice and RJ's wedding. Good old friends, out of town, all dressed up, great food, lots of love -- just so much fun! But never had I cried so much before. My dear friend Janice all grown up and getting married! Wait, that's a good thing. Why was I crying?

Tears of joy? Pride? Oh yes. Weird thing was I felt like a mother seeing her daughter walk down the aisle. I guess in friendship we do tend to "mother" each other once in awhile.

Happy tears? Most definitely. That wedding was a true celebration of love, cheesy as that sounds, I'm saying it. They are good for each other, plain and simple. And I know they will be happy together.

RJ is the sweetest, most devoted man. Damn those vows were good. All guys should take a page from his book! :) And come to think of it, I shouldn't have been surprised at how Janice was. Quite emotional and definitely the radiant bride. Really beautiful.

****

We saw them through from their first meeting to this. But this is just another beginning. I'm sure the best is yet to come. Kids come next Janice! Hahaha.

Damn. I will definitely miss this couple when they move to Japan. Janice, we have to visit each other!

****

Jay and I brought Hatice along and it was such a good idea. Hatice and Naya were BFFs for the weekend, complete with fights! Haha. They were so cute together, even though they just met for the first time! It's really so much easier to make friends when you're young, and clueless.

We also visited some of her relatives who were genuinely happy to see her, as they last saw Hatice when she was still a baby. It was nice to see her with family. "Plenty lolas," as she put it. She needs much love to make up for such a big loss. Although with Jay (and, I would dearly like to think, myself), she shouldn't be needing too much more. :)

****

Other friends are getting married this year. Sadly though, I'll be missing their weddings: Parej and Pam, Tanya and Albert. Oh well. Congratulations and best wishes to you all. Please just send me some photos...

****

See more photos of the wedding at my multiply photos.

No comments: