Friday, May 11, 2007

Waiting

For someone who hates (hates hates hates!) waiting, I keep finding myself in situations where I have to wait for something or someone. To make it worse, more often than not, I put myself in those situations. Makes the waiting more damn irritating.

The funny thing is, I have mastered the art of waiting. That's not to say that I am able to keep feelings of irritation and frustration at bay. It only means I'm able to look calm and composed despite them.

It was my friend Andrea who first called me a "lady in waiting". An offhand observation, she didn't realize how much truth there was in what she said. She only said that because of the many instances she's seen me waiting for my sister and this one particular friend who's always late.

If only all the waiting we do were as simple as waiting for a friend, or the inevitably late plane (PAL or Cebu Pacific, they're just the same). Or maybe even waiting for morning to come on a really bad night. These we can easily deal with by ranting and raving, or passing time quietly with a good book, your choice. In time you learn to choose to wait patiently. Well, I have.

But what about waiting for your prayers to be answered? Waiting for the ONE? Waiting for that job offer from a most desired employer? Waiting for good news from the doctor about your brother's illness? Waiting for something wonderful to finally happen? How does one wait patiently?

No comments: