Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Check out dive

I am now officially certified as an open water diver! Who would have thought? Haha. Even Roby, my instructor, told me that after I went on an intro dive with him some time last year with 3 other friends, I struck him as the least inclined to pursue diving. Well guess what, I'm the only who did!

Although, I think Roby was right the first time. Truth is, I'm doing this primarily because of my boyfriend. That I actually enjoy it now that I've started is a great and welcome upshot. Still, I'm so proud of myself, haha.

I have to wait for Jay to send me some photos though. I don't think he was able to get good underwater pics this time. Certainly no good shots of me. It's not like any of all that dive gear flatters anyone. Eek. Haha.

We went on five dives all in all. But I got to enjoy only the last 2 dives, as the first three were pretty much still like classes. I was too busy concentrating on the instructor and my gear and what not to be able to enjoy whatever marine life there was to see.

Those nemo-like (because they're also striped but black and red instead of orange and white) fish are so funny. So territorial and brave -- foolishly so, but brave nonetheless. They come snapping at anything that comes their way, ready to take 'em on regardless the size differential. They're cute. But they bite!

I can't remember the names of the other things we saw. Jay saw a turtle on his night dive. We beginners were not so lucky. :( I hope I get to see more interesting creatures soon!

We might go to Bohol for our next dive. That should be fun. But even just in Anilao, there's so much to see. Oh I can't wait to dive again!

****

Elections are over. Needless to say, I didn't vote -- I was underwater while the good citizens of this country went to the polls to do their civic duty. My bad. But seriously, I wouldn't know who to vote for anyway. Such a circus, these elections.

No, I'm not gonna get started on politics. I'm just starting to wonder if I should have voted, haha. But you see, I voted three years ago for PGMA, and well, let's just say, I'm no longer a fan. The thing is, I don't think I would ever be able to bring myself to vote for FPJ. So there's my problem. I don't know. No good choice three years ago. I chose what I thought was the lesser evil. Sadly, the lesser evil is still evil. The options available these elections weren't any better. So maybe it wasn't so bad that I didn't vote. It sure was more fun to go diving! Haha.

No comments: