Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New read

I started a new book today: Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas by Bob Ong.

It's actually been with me for more than 3 years now, given to me by a colleague at PCCI. I tried reading it before, but I guess I stopped somewhere right around the beginning. I hope I'm not disappointing him by admitting this, haha.

But seriously, it's such a difficult book to read -- mainly because it's in Filipino. I get so confused reading and translating in my head. Thing is, I couldn't sleep last night. And since I couldn't find another book I hadn't read yet, and as I was desperate for something to read, I picked up this book and forced myself to read.

I'm still having a hard time, but I will persevere. I don't think I've read a book written in Filipino since El Filibusterismo (which I didn't exactly finish). I think it's time I expanded my reading list to include local literature. Besides, this book is on the list of favorite books of a good friend of mine. I should see what it's all about. :)

****

"Most of who we are is what people expect of us." -- from Heroes

No comments: