Friday, December 21, 2007

The week before Christmas

I watched Avenue Q last Tuesday, and as expected, I enjoyed it a lot. The storyline was great, the cast was perfect, and those puppets were just downright funny :)

What I didn't expect was Rachel Alejandro's performance. I mean, I know she's this popular singer and all, but I've never really heard or seen her in theater. But man, she's good! I think I am now a fan.

I'm so glad I didn't miss the show. I almost did! I lost my wallet just the day before and the tickets were in it. But thanks to Rica and her cousin, that didn't matter too much. Jay and I were still able to get in. Thanks Rix!

****

Speaking of my wallet, it seems that some guys found it. But now they don't seem to want to give it back. WTF??? I mean, they were the first to get in touch with my brother. And now suddenly they don't want to talk to me? What is wrong with these people??? Argh!

****

But lost, and now captive, wallet aside, my week has been great. Meeting up with friends, shopping, wrapping presents, all great.

Dinner with college friends was quiet and intimate. It was a good time to celebrate. We were just ten, and the four couples present just all got engaged, to be married next year! Whew!

Dinner with high school friends was loud and fun. We all hadn't seen each other in years! It was great seeing everyone. We all had a good laugh about times past. I hope we'll be able to keep in touch and get together every so often.

****

*sigh. I can't wait for Christmas! We're driving south late tonight, and this time tomorrow I should be home. Home sweet home. Yipee yay!

No comments: