Friday, December 14, 2007

She's so lucky, she's a star...

La la la.

I feel lucky today.

Just as I stepped out of the cab this morning, the song My Heart Will Go On started to play on the radio. Whew! Talk about a narrow escape. I haven't heard that song in years but I am still so sick of it.

Although I will cop to liking it at one point -- probably one of the most deranged moments of my life, hahaha.

****

Yesterday I was reading Jane's blog. Her latest topic was Gabriel Marquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude -- how she had gotten a copy of that book only because it was the "in" read at that time, and that she hasn't been able to go beyond five pages of that book, and has no more plans of going further.

I had to laugh out loud with her experience with that book. Maybe because I've read it (and actually liked it, although it really took me quite some time to finish it), or maybe because I can relate to having been influenced by the people around me and just going with the flow.

Now here I shall insert my second excuse for having liked that song from Titanic -- I was just going with the flow! :P

And back to Jane's blog. I think that aside from describing her unsuccessful attempt to read that novel, what she really wanted to say was how important it is to trust your own opinion and not let others make it for you. I agree wholeheartedly. Err, don't worry, I'm not going to expound on that. I agree, that's all. :)

I guess I'm just bringing this up because it's always delight to read her blog. She's one of the funniest and frankest people I know. Jane, if you ever read this, we miss you! (*hint, we'd love to see you at the EU dinner on Monday!)

****

Today I learned that my blog has now two fans. Yipee! There's my brother Dohep who just read my entire blog today. Then there's Karen who declared herself a fan of my blog a long time ago. Thanks you two! You make me feel like a star! Hahaha.

Oo, mababaw kaligayan ko.

No comments: