Friday, January 4, 2008

Boracay Island for the New Year

December 29, we flew to Caticlan via SEA Air on a 19-seater plane! It was a bit cramped and hot in the cabin, but we got there without a hitch. At the end of the flight, the pilot merely had to turn around to thank us for flying SEA Air, without even using a speakerphone! Haha :)

It was drizzling when we got to the island, and the weather forecast wasn't looking good. However, we had a lucky charm with us. The ambassador claimed that wherever he went, the weather turned fine, and so we shouldn't worry at all. True enough, by the time we checked in and finished our late lunch, the sun was shining through the clouds. He hadn't been kidding!

We watched the fire dancers at Summerplace that night. It was entertaining but they weren't as good as the Zip dancers I saw in Greenbelt a few months back. Oh well.

Tired but happy after a few hours of frolicking on the beach

Hanging out at Hey Jude, the only place we'd go for drinks

****

December 30 was another beautiful day. The sun was out and the sea was lovely. Doris, Jay and I rode on the Flying Fish. (We had wanted to do it last year but didn't get to.) It was a bit scary at first, but with two big guys flanking me, it turned out to be great fun.

We stayed on the beachfront watching the sun go down. Now I am finally fully convinced that we have the best sunsets!

I just had to have a sunset photo!

Catching the last few rays of the sun with Jay and Doris.

****

The Ambassador's charm seemed to be holding out until December 31. The presence of some undesirables almost marred my day, but with the golden sun, cool breeze and sparkling sea right before me, I couldn't allow anything to get me down.

We played cards on the beach. Jay beat me soundly at Gin Rummy. I then taught the Ambassador some Rummy, and he taught me some Poker. I don't think I will ever be good at it! I'd lose all my worldly possessions! :P

I wanted to enjoy an hour of peaceful massage but no, a fight broke out among some guys about 5 minutes into my massage. It lasted for about 15 minutes. Soon after, this bamboo ensemble started to play loudly some 10 meters away from me and didn't stop until my massage was almost over. So much for quiet and relaxation. Still, the lady managed to un-knot all the knots on my neck and shoulders. I was ready for a long night of partying!

Massage out in the open. Maybe it wasn't quite a good idea after all.

****

We had our New Year's Eve dinner at Le Soleil de Boracay. The food was good, though not spectacular. Still, with good wine (from Romania of course) and good company (minus the undesirables again), we had a great time. They provided all diners with kiddie trumpets and everyone had a jolly time breaking each other's ear drums.

And then came the fireworks. Just lovely. Nowhere else have I seen such a grand display of lights than in Boracay on New Year. Wherever I looked, the sky was ablaze in color. When I turned to the left, green sparks were falling towards me. On my right, white flames were shooting upward and bursting into a shower of gold. Glass of wine in hand, I sat back to silently enjoy the splendor of it all while all the people around continued making all the noise they could to welcome the New Year.

We capped our night by having some drinks at the White Party at Hey Jude. One too many drinks perhaps, for we danced our way back to the villa, stopping at clubs, both gay and straight, to party with other revelers that night. Exhaustion was a word we ignored. It was the best New Year Party ever! Fun fun fun! Can't wait for the next one!

Happy 2008 to all I love, you know who you are :)

Wine in my right hand, my honey on my left, who could ask for more?

Second year in a row with these guys in Boracay, love 'em all!

No comments: