Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hear Me Roar!

Jay has a new cat.

He saved another stray about a month ago, and now he has this so-ugly-that-she's-cute pet that provides him with entertainment when he's bored.

Okay that doesn't quite give him justice. He really does love cats. He wants to take home every stray kitty he sees on the streets!

He already did once before. He adopted this other stray about ten months ago. We loved little Puntili.

But she died while Jay was in Turkey. Landlady claimed she got run over by a car. Claimed, that is. But that's another story.

Why am I talking about cats anyway?

I'm really no fan of cats. (Sorry cat lovers out there.)

But I have to admit, they do grow on you.

This cat, which we still have to name (I had a name in mind, but it doesn't work), is crazy. She really is. I just know it. But she's playful, obedient, and useful! Kills cockroaches, that kitty.

Yesterday we caught her jumping up and looking at herself in the mirror. She paused awhile and seemed to nod in approval and went back to playing with the curtains. One of the few times I thought she was completely adorable and funny.

This morning, I saw this really cute photo. I had a good laugh. I had to send it to Jay. Doting dad to this yet-to-be-named kitty that he is.


This comes at a good time too. When I'm dealing with some self-esteem issues of my own.

I have to learn how to look into a mirror and say: Today I know in my deepest level that I am an incredible woman. I am all that and more.

Oh yes! Rawr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.