Friday, July 4, 2008

Light & Shade

I had dinner with a friend the other day. (A 48-year old friend, who I never imagined to be a day older than 40. But that's another story.) He's also friends with my sisters, and sees them every so often too.

Anyway, I realized something after talking to him.

During dinner, he inadvertently told me what my siblings really think about Jay and me. Why they don't like the idea of us together. They think that I'm too much in love with him. And they're not used to seeing me that way, as they think I'm some sort of ice queen.

Ice queen I am not. I just don't like showing affection. Normally.

But what's wrong with being head over heels in love anyway? Who would want to be in a relationship with someone they were only semi in love with? That doesn't sound fun to me at all. It's no way to be with anyone. Call me naive. Call me foolish. But I'm not loving my guy any other way.

Fra Lippo Lippi sang to me this morning: Be weak, if you want to love.

No comments: